Thursday 12 February 2015

So...here I go.

Ty broke up with me. We saw it coming, so it didn't seem like the end of the world...well, for me, apparently it was. Just over two weeks into my second semester at USC, I stopped attending my early classes – opting to lay in bed for hours instead. It wasn't that I did not enjoy the classes. It was the stress I felt; the pressure from every aspect of my life. I couldn't cope. I wasn't dealing with anything the right way, and I was spiraling downward more and more quickly. By the fourth week, I had stopped attending class altogether, and couldn't meditate for more than a few minutes before the anxious thoughts took over. 

Something needed to change. Now the fifth week, I have taken a leave of absence, been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder with panic attacks and Depression, and begun therapy. 

So, here I am. Starting my Journey to Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment